"I want to thank all of the church family and our friends for the encouraging words and phone calls this week as we found out that we are embarking on a new adventure. Something that struck me as I read many of your posts on Nancy's page is that many of you expressed that you are sorry about Rebekah's heart defect. I understand that everyone is expressing their feelings and support, and I appreciate that. Your support and encouragement will continue to mean even more in the days ahead. But, we are choosing to see things in a different way. Rebekah's heart defect is not something to be sorry about; it is the Lord's will. Whatever His reason, He has been preparing us for this and would not have allowed it to happen if we were not able to meet the challenge.
The Lord has been very gracious and has been preparing Nancy and myself with various challenges in the past few months to draw us closer together and cause us to rely more on Him. He has taken a lot of "securities" away to bring us to a better place of totally trusting in Him for everything in our lives. I know without a doubt that He has my little girl, who He gave to us, in His hands, and He can heal her if that is His will. It may be a long road, but we will be okay with the Lord leading and guiding in our lives. There will be many trials and needs, but I pray that we will faithfully rely on the Lord to meet each of those needs. One of our biggest goals in this trial is to touch someone else's life along the way. Rebekah's heart defect is very rare, and we would like to be a testimony and encouragement to anyone else who walks this road behind us. I am very grateful for all the kind words and encouragement. I felt that we should share how we are looking at this new challenge and intending to walk forward - with the Lord leading us and your prayers and support behind us."
Drew

3 comments:
Before Oliver was born I prayed that God would reach down His hand and heal my little boy. I believe He could have. As I prayed, I felt comforted that God would use the surgeons' hands to do His work, and He did.
You, too, will pass through "the valley of the shadow of death" with your little girl. It is a scary and overwhelming place. I pray that your faith will continue to sustain you.
What a wonderful way to be looking at things. God knows everything--and He Himself formed Rebekah this way! He will take care of her.
I'm praying for you everyday. I'll talk to you soon. Thanks for sharing this from Drew!
You have some beautiful boys. Our family was blessed with two boys and two girls. Our youngest boy, Andrew, was born with Truncus and had his first surgery at 3 1/2 weeks old. He did awesome! He is so energetic and full of funnies! He sould e having surgery within the next 2 months or so to replace his conduit. Otherwise, we lead a very normal life and never have to limit him. Our 3 year old, Aubrey was born with SVT, which is a completely different heart condition, we really shocked all cardiologists. So I have two on heart meds, but all considering, we are great. We have a great God who takes very good care of you. It is the only way to explain the peace and grace we had during his newborn days. God was so real and good! (and still is!) Feel free to email if you have any questions. maucks2003@hotmail.com or blog: www.permanentmauckers.blogspot.com We are already praying for Rebekah.
Post a Comment