I have always been a coupon girl, sometimes a little more half-heartedly than other times. But recently my friend, Devin, has really challenged me to do a little more and save a lot more! This week I ventured into the realm of drugstore bargains for the first time. I am quite sure that any number of people could have walked away with more than I did, for less money than I did, but I was very pleased with the savings I found.
With list and coupons in hand, I started my adventure at Walgreens. My scenario included Listerine Zero, Crest 3D white toothpaste, 2 Oral-B 3D white advantage tootbrushes and a small notebook to add one more item so I could use another coupon. (Walgreens will not let you use more coupons than the number of items purchased, even though you may use 2 coupons for the same item. Ex: a Walgreen's store coupon and a manufacturer's coupon for the same item.)
Bottom line:
Listerine Zero 500mL: $1.99
-2.00 manufacturer's coupon
Crest 3D white toothpaste: $3.00
- .75 manufacturer's coupon
Oral-B toothbrush $3.00
- .75 manufacturer's coupon
Oral-B toothbrush $3.00
-3.00 BOGO manufacturer's coupon
1 notebook $ .17 (after Walgreen's sale)
Total before sales and coupons: $15.13
Total savings: $ 9.79
Total paid: $ 5.34
Register Rewards back $ 4.00
TOTAL Out of Pocket $1.34
That was exciting!!! :)
I also got a great deal at Kohl's.com this week. Zachary has been outgrowing his clothes faster than I can keep him them. Last Sunday, we realized that Zachary had outgrown both his black and brown dress shoes, his black dress belt, and his khaki dress pants. With that in mind, I jumped on the Kohl's 35% off your total purchase sale. I was able to purchase all of those items, plus a belt for Justin and a new blouse for myself. All of the items were on sale, and several were more than half off. Then I used two discount codes for the 35% off on top of $.99 shipping per item! All of that for less than $60 and it will be delivered to my front door this week! That's my kind of shopping! :)
Nancy

1 comment:
Oh, Nancy! I am so excited for you--especially on your Walgreens deals. I would disagree with you on one thing, however. I don't think there ARE too many people who could have done any better than you did there! $1.34? Wooooot!!
You're gonna get addicted now...I just know it...
:)
Post a Comment