Sunday, we all made it to church in the morning, but Caleb refused to willingly stay with the nursery workers (without screaming loudly enough to be heard through half of the building!), so I ended up spending Sunday school and church time in the nursery with him. He never did take a morning nap, which only compounded his grumpiness! When he finally did fall asleep at 2:30 in the afternoon, I also took a nap. Drew realized how tired Caleb and I were and decided to let us sleep through evening church. Justin also wasn't acting like himself, so Drew stayed home to watch the bigger boys and let me sleep. Good thing, because by late afternoon on Monday, Justin was complaining of a bad headache, a bad sore throat, and had a 101.5 temp. When we got into the doctor on Tuesday morning, my suspicion of strep throat was confirmed. :( Since being on antibiotics, he is doing much better, although I can tell he is dragging a bit by the end of the day.
Yesterday was Drew's birthday (Happy Birthday!!), and Zachary decided that Drew wanted a carrot cake. So, the boys helped make a yummy carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. Mmmm! We also (finally!) finished packing away the remaining Christmas things yesterday and are ready this weekend to set up the office for home schooling.
This morning, Justin was well enough to go back to school, which he was very excited about. He said that he had a great time and that at playtime he and Sara Kate and Austin and RJ played football.
After dropping Justin off at school, we headed back to the pediatrician for the second time this week. Today was Aaron's 3 year check-up. He was a very big boy and only cried for just a second when his finger was pricked to draw blood. Everything else checked out just great. Aaron was born with two heart murmurs, and today the pediatrician said he faintly heard one, but the other is gone altogether! He is recommending that we don't even need to return to the cardiologist for a follow-up visit!!! :) Good news when you don't have insurance! Both murmurs are described as benign, which means that they do not indicate any abnormalities in the heart. So, the are "normal" murmurs, if there is such a thing. :) Aaron is 24.2 pounds and 34.75 inches tall. We are slowly but steadily climbing up the growth chart! Zachary on the other hand, is a back-breaking 46.6 pounds!!!! No wonder I am struggling to fit him into my lap!! :) Caleb topped the scales at a healthy 18.10 pounds. He's going to surpass Aaron by his first birthday if he keeps growing at this rate! :) No kidding, Caleb is wearing clothes that Aaron did not wear until close to his second birthday.
From the doctor's office, we headed to BJES (Zac's school) to pick up his books from first semester. I was kind of bummed because they did not let us keep all of his reading books, and I argued that we paid for all the books at the beginning of the school year, so we should get them all. But, the didn't budge, so now I have to buy the complete set of six to get the last 3 books that we need. Grrrr. They also did not have a math book or phonics workbook to give us because the teacher tears the pages out of each of them at the beginning of the year, and they said they did not have any others we could have. SO, on to the resource center to purchase the books we did not have.....I was able to get almost everything we need (I think!) except for the set of reading books. That will just have to wait as it is almost half of the cost of all the other books combined! The bright side is that if I do homeschool Justin in first grade, I will have about half of the books that I can re-use from Zac. If I am able to do quite a bit of planning over the next few evenings and this weekend, I would like to start school this coming week. Hopefully it will work out that way.
While we were driving around town this morning, I was playing "what if" with Zachary and Aaron. It's something we do once in a while and something we have fun with. Sometimes it's "What if you were a bird, what would you do, where would you live, what would you eat, etc.?" But this morning, I decided to check with Aaron to see if he remembered what he should do if he were to get lost. Nope! I first asked him what Mommy and Daddy's names were so he could tell an adult if he was lost. He remembered that Daddy was Drew, but I am just Mommy! :) Then I asked him what he would tell an adult if he was lost and couldn't find Mommy and Daddy (thinking he would say, "I'm lost" or "I can't find my Mommy" or something like that). Nope, again! Any guesses? Well, you wouldn't have guessed it anyway. The most important thing to tell an adult if you can't find your mommy or daddy is "I need to tell them I am scared of monsters!" :)
What can I say? He must be his daddy's child! :)
Nancy

1 comment:
Okay, can I just say that that is a great idea? A what if game...I like it!
Also, I don't know why this never crossed my mind, but I have never taught them what to do if they got lost. ACK!
See why I love blogs? Such useful, wonderful information can be gleaned from your friends. :)
Post a Comment