Monday, November 17, 2008

Aaron's Field Trip

Well, after much hard work trying to get this video clip downloaded from our camera (without losing it!), I have it on my computer, but can't get it to post!  I'll have to ask Drew to help me figure it out (when he's not sleeping!).  The original field trip conversation started a week ago Thursday (Nov. 6), and Aaron is STILL talking about his field trip today.  That evening during dinner, he started talking about going on a field trip in an airplane.  He had no destination, but plenty of ideas about what we could bring and what we will do.  In case you are wondering, he still hasn't come up with a destination, but we are going on a field trip! 

The following is an excerpt from the field trip conversation that I wasn't able to record on video:

Drew: Can we ride kangaroos?
Aaron: No....they live in the animal spot.
D: Why not?
A:  They live in the ark.
D:  We don't have tickets for the ark.
D:  My elephant wets the bed at night.
A:  We can bring diapers.
Justin:  Did you remember to bring wipes?
A:  Yeah, for my monkey.
D:  What about for my elephant?
A:  No, just for my monkey.  But....um.....ummm....ummmmmm.....the kitchen  can't fit in our airplane.
D:  What about a smaller kitchen?
A:  Yeah.
D:  Can we have a campfire on the airplane?
A:  No.  Just a little tiny kitchen on the airplane (holding thumb and finger very close together).  We might take your pillow away.
D:  Why?
A:  I will not take your pillow away.  I will take Mom's pillow away.  "Mom, I gonna steal your pillow!" (much laughing and giggling)
D:  Can I bring my swimmies?
A:  Yeah.  We might go saw bears.  WE MIGHT SHOOT SOME BEARS.  THEY MIGHT CRAWL ON US AND BITE US!!! (said in very loud excited voice!)  But we might go hunting.
J:  Do bears live in the woods?
A.  No.  Up in the mountain.
Zachary:  Are we going hiking?
A:  No.  We might take the TV with us.
A:  We might take the windows with us.
D:  We're taking the windows with us?
A:  Yep!  And we might take doors.  Ummmmm....we might go to a nicnic (picnic) at the park on our field trip.
D:  Can I bring my ants?
A:  No.  They might eat all our chocolate.  Then we might buy some more.

And all of that conversation was about 5 minutes of a 45+ minute discussion about Aaron's field trip.  Trust me, it was all that good!  :)

The other really cute thing Aaron has been doing lately is wanting Drew or me to throw him over our shoulder like a "tock a taters."  (sack 'o taters)

I really couldn't make this stuff up if I tried!  You should all have a 2-almost-3-year old!  But, you'll have to get your own!  This one is ours!!! :)


Nancy

1 comment:

Devin said...

I got my own....and boy, my house sounds like that a lot! I died laughing at this!

We had our own funny today, provided by Colin. I think you just may get a kick out of it!

Aren't boys so much fun?