In other news, I made fresh green beans for dinner (as opposed to frozen). Aaron especially was so fascinated watching me clean and cut them. He eagerly put a large forkful of beans in his mouth and said a big "Mmmmm....mmmmmm.....uh.....dem berry ucky!" I wish I had captured the facial expressions to go with the words!
And the other BIG news of the day, Caleb has his second tooth! The bottom left tooth in the front finally broke through today. Poor guy has had a stuffy, runny nose for over a week, a bad cough in the last couple of day and has just been miserable. We elevated his mattress and purchased a warm mist humidifier to use with Vick's vapor medication yesterday. The combination has really helped him sleep better. I put him down for a nap at 4:00 this afternoon and he is still asleep now (at almost 10:00). I'm just letting him sleep it off! :) He hasn't exactly had very restful naps and bed times the last few days.
Zachary had a great day at school today. He got a smiley face this morning for having all smiley faces on his seatwork on Friday. That got his day off to a good start! :) He is so excited about reading. He is speeding through all the library books that we bring home and is working his way through the bookshelves of books that we own. Zac read finished reading his first short chapter book this afternoon and was so proud of himself!
Justin and Aaron had fun playing with play dough this morning. I typically like to reserve it for an outdoor activity, but today was fairly cool (at least this morning), so I let them play at the kitchen table. All in all, they did pretty well. Justin made cookies and a teddy bear, and Aaron made "ars cream" (ice cream). They had lots of fun!
Time to run.....little man has finally woken up and is very decidedly hungry!
Nancy

No comments:
Post a Comment