
But now, 8 months later, we have a bouncing happy baby boy. Caleb is crawling everywhere, pulling up on everything and cruising up and down the couch. He is so proud of his accomplishments and loves it when Drew and I notice what he is doing. Sometimes, he even claps for himself and forgots to hold on to the couch and falls on his little bottom! :)
Caleb really gave Drew a surprise yesterday and said "da-da" for the first time. Since then, he has been saying it over and over. Now, I'm trying to encourage Caleb to say it in the middle of the night when he wakes up! :) He's also trying to say something like "ah-duh" for all done.
In the teeth department, Caleb is a little behind his brothers' records. He now has 3 teeth - two on the bottom and his top left tooth in the front. He is vigorously chewing and drooling to try to work the top right tooth through.
Because of his dairy protein and soy allergies, we have to be a little creative in the food department. Caleb pretty much enjoys all of the foods he has tried with some of his favorites being mango, peaches, pears, applesauce, sweet potatoes and squash. He also eats bananas, plums, apricots, white potatoes, pumpkin, green beans, broccoli, rice, cheerios and crackers. I have to be very diligent in reading labels - have you ever looked to see how many foods have milk or soy products in them???!! I have been reading online in the evenings to find alternative options for food products that we can use. It's mind-boggling, but I am trying to make sense of what foods will be the best for our little bug in the next few months.
Happy 8 months, Caleb!!
Mommy

1 comment:
That picture is just soooo sweet!
(and, may I say, how clever to think of teaching him to say Da-Da in the middle of the night...HA!)
Happy 8 months Caleb!
Post a Comment