Monday, January 26, 2009

Not Me! Monday

I know it's been a while since I've played along with MckMama's Not Me! Monday, but this Monday deserves a post all on it's own!

I did not wake up this morning shortly after 6:00 to the tune of Caleb crying.  I further did not go downstairs, make a bottle, come upstairs to get Caleb to give him said bottle only to peek into his crib and find him sound asleep!  No way, that would never happen to me!

I did not go back to bed hoping for a few more minutes of sleep only to be awakened again by Zachary and Justin loudly whispering and banging in their room at 7:05.  The rule in our house is that all children (insert Zachary and Justin) must stay in bed until 7:30 to avoid waking up Caleb and/or Aaron.  So, since the boys were already up (and stripping the sheets off their bed for cleaning day), I told them to quietly go downstairs and read books until 7:30.  Five minutes later, I did not hear clattering and clanging.....When I went to investigate, I found that they had matchbox cars out and were racing them off a ramp built from wooden blocks.  Books?????  

I went back upstairs intending to start cleaning my bedroom and bathroom and was not interrupted again by Justin.  He most certainly did not tell me that while he was in the downstairs bathroom, Aaron came in and did not stand there and wet his pants.  All. over. my. bathroom. floor.  No, that certainly did not happen because my children know better than to do something like that.  Must have been the neighbor's kids.

By 9:30 this morning, I did not check 3 throats and take two temperatures for my sick boys.  I do not have one sick little boy who will be having blood work done at the end of this week unless he shows significant improvement in the next 3 days.  

And I did not  just recap the first 3 hours of my day for you all.  Seriously, I hope you did not have a morning like mine! :)

4 comments:

BluRayn said...

Boys sure do keep you jumping, don't they!?! I've got 3; 9, 6 and 4.5 mos. Made me laugh to read 'and I did not just recap the first 3 hrs of my day', lol...best laid plans of mice and mothers!!! Hope you were able to get some of your stuff done!!

Jodee said...

You poor thing! I hope your day got better!

Alicia said...

Wow, thats one morning! I hope you little boy gets to feeling better and of course the others dont catch it!

erin said...

oh i hate mornings like that... and i only have TWO kids! hope it got better. i saw your comment on blurayn's website and thought i'd stop and say hi!