Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Randomness

I have been working at trying to record some of the cute stuff the boys have said in the last couple of days.  Aaron, in particular, has kept us rolling with some of his stories.  I'm sure I will be posting more of these cute stories and pronunciations in the next few weeks....

Zachary-isms:

tench ta pur: temperature
ter moniter: thermometer
bungled: bundled as in "I'm all bungled up in my blankets!"

Justin:

Justin is just being his cute self as usual.  He is really enjoying playing board games, and he and Drew played six or seven games of Chutes and Ladders earlier today.  It was so funny - when he had to go down the slide, he would put his hand over the bottom of the slide so Drew couldn't slide his piece to the bottom.  Then he would laugh hysterically.  It was so fun to watch.  :)

Justin also went on his first hunting trip with Daddy on Saturday.  They didn't see anything, but they had a great time.  Drew said Justin spent the entire time chattering about things in the woods, hunting, and all kinds of stuff.  While they didn't see any deer, they did listen to and watch a flock of wild turkeys for about an hour.  According to Justin, a turkey says "goggle, goggle!" 


Aaron:

Monday, Aaron was playing with an empty rubbermaid crate in the living room.  You know, the long, shallow under-the-bed kind.  It usually holds the kids' Thomas the Tank collection, but that was all over the living room floor, so the box was empty.  He was crawling with the box upside down hooked over the heels of his feet so it was dragging behind him.  As I was cleaning, I tuned in to his somewhat constant chatter and heard the following.

"I crawling on the floor with the box, mommy!" {Insert distressed sounding voice}  "Mommy, the box is following me behind my back!!!!"

Tuesday, on our way home from Zachary's open house, Aaron was in his car seat playing with a Little People car and a Little People girl.  The girl was contendedly getting in and out of the car and driving around Aaron's car seat.  Then, I hear a small "Uh oh" from the back seat.  The conversation proceeded as follows: {caution:  the following excerpt contains potty-training talk - not for the faint of heart}

Me:  "Um....uh oh what, Aaron?"
Aaron:  "Sher (Aaron's word for she/her) has stinky feet."
Me:  "Okaaayyy...why does she have stinky feet?"
Aaron:  "Because sher has stinky pants.  Ewww..sher has stinkys in there." (Looking at the bottom of the Little People girl)
Me:  "Does she need her pants changed?"
Aaron:  "It won't come out."
Me:  "What won't come out?"
Aaron - very matter of fact: "The stinkys won't come out of her."
Me: (thinking "what in the world do I say in response to that????)
Aaron - very vigorously shaking the Little People girl up and down:  "Mommy!!!! It's coming out!"
Me: "Um....what's out?" (cringing)
Aaron:  "The stinkys all comed out.  Whew!  Sher is all clean now, Mommy."

Where do they come up with this stuff??? :)

Sara Cake: Sara Kate (Justin's best friend)
Fwumbers: Slumbers (Aaron's stuffed bear)
ars cream:  ice cream
fwippers: slippers as in "I have my fwippers on my feet!"

Hope you enjoyed the funnies!! :)

No comments: