Thursday, October 9, 2008

Zachary

Zachary has had a lot happen in the last couple of weeks, so I'll fill you in a little.

First, he lost his 6th tooth (the second one on top).  He was brushing his teeth and literally brushed his tooth loose.  How's that for easy?  It didn't bleed much at all, for which I am VERY thankful!  He still tends to freak out at the sight of blood, most especially his!

Then, he turned in his first project for first grade.  He chose to do a report on zebras. Do you know that baby zebras are born with brown stripes?

On Friday last week, Zachary (and I!) went on a field trip.  The absolute highlight of his field trip was getting to ride in a school bus!  Having been transported by "Mom's taxi" to school and back for all of his short little school life, a bus was a BIG deal!  And to top it off, his favorite P.E. teacher was the bus driver.  He will not have her until 3rd grade, but he loves Ms. Johnson already!  We first went to a farm and had a non-hay ride (a ride in a wagon with no hay), then fed goats and the kids played some games.  We were also treated to some ice cream! :)  Then we all piled back into the buses and went to a fire station where we had a scavenger hunt.  That was pretty fun!  From there, we went across the street to a small park to play on the playground and have lunch.  Then it was back to school and home.   I had Zachary and three of his friends in my group - Megan, Cade and Catherine.  There is a limit of how many pictures I can upload to one post, so I will be posting the field trip pictures separately.

So that's what Zachary has been up to lately!  If I can get him to cooperate, I'll try to take a small movie of him reading a book this weekend.  He's getting to be a great reader, and the best part is that he LOVES reading!!

Nancy

No comments: